This is the official announcement that we are heading into an open alpha testing phase of the website. If you browse the website before logging in you will notice things are still locked down to the public. After you login you will be able to browse the pages we've created thus far and get a feel for the direction we are heading in. There are still plenty of features and functions that are being developed so please be take a look at our known bugs / missing features list when giving feedback.
Here are the main features we are releasing the open alpha with:
- New dynamic self-updating widgets
- Team creation and management
- Allowing individuals to signup to team competitions (only for the 'open' division, not regular divisions)
- Tournament creation and management (requires admin access, only selected people are given access for now)
- Fully custom tournament system currently capable of Single Elim and Double elim
- Easy match control including Pick / Ban system, chat and score submission
- Alerts for teams and tournaments
- Individual player / team stats, tournament stats and global stats engine
Some of these features may be a little buggy, but that is expected, which is why we decided to go with an open alpha phase so we can uproot all the bugs we've missed before implementing more major features. Please report anything you can using the feedback button down the bottom of the page. If your feedback can't be sufficiently described using the submission form please jump onto discord in the #alpha-discussion channel so you can post screenshots and go into more detail.
Here are some of the features that we plan to release for the open beta:
- More tournament formats including Groups*, Round Robin* and Swiss
- Videos, Streams and News submission
- Better profile and team page
- Hardware / Setup sharing
- Social connections including Twitch/Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/Steam/Bnet etc.
- Custom full re-designed website skins and themes
- Shop to sell peripherals, hardware and clothing at discounted prices using points
- Points earned using the website
- Match betting (not real money)
We hope that everybody can enjoy the new direction we are heading. There's still lots to be revealed and plenty being done behind the scenes. Thanks to everybody who makes an account or supports us in this journey!
Mick & Tim