FOUR SEASONS GAMING
AUSTRALIAN & NEW ZEALAND GAMING LEAGUES
 #1045  by mickzerofive
 Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:30 am
It is with great pleasure we announce today that we will be sending four Australian players to compete at this years Quake Champions BYOC event held at Quakecon, TX. As many of you know the announcement of the Quake World Championships came with both excitement and disappointment for our Australian and New Zealand players alike. Since then we have been working hard behind the scenes with two of Australia's premiere eSports organisations JAM Gaming and Corvidae Inc to make this all possible.

Here are the four players representing OCE:

Andrew 'Python' Cha Cha (JAM Gaming) twitter
Daniel 'Astroboy' De Sousa (JAM Gaming) twitter
Frazer 'Fraze' Hockley (Corvidae) twitter
Tyler 'Steej' Joseph (Corvidae) twitter
David 'ZenAku' Addati (Corvidae) twitter

For those of you who haven't followed the Oceanic scene during Quake Live please check out the soon to be released player interviews and background stories to find out more about them as well as more about the Australian and New Zealand Quake community. Also give the players and teams a follow on social media to keep up with their trip and practice.

Corvidae + Fraze/Steej Statement
JAM Gaming + Dan/Python Statement
Last edited by mickzerofive on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #1046  by Aph
 Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:05 am
Not sending Intro? A shame.
 #1047  by rav
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:34 am
Good luck lads. We'll be behind you.
 #1053  by Grrrdian
 Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:48 pm
lol if it was rep instead of steej, the list would have all our QL champs over the years. literally the 'dream team' of quake3/QL representatives.

not to take anything away from steej though! I'm sure he earnt his place, and is a pro at QC. best of luck to everyone, hoping you guys cream it.

also, hope you guys organise the flight/trip so that you aren't jet lagged and shit during the comp. hope its possible anyway, no idea how these organisations decide on funding and flights etc.
 #1054  by mickzerofive
 Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:35 am
lol if it was rep instead of steej, the list would have all our QL champs over the years. literally the 'dream team' of quake3/QL representatives.

not to take anything away from steej though! I'm sure he earnt his place, and is a pro at QC. best of luck to everyone, hoping you guys cream it.

also, hope you guys organise the flight/trip so that you aren't jet lagged and shit during the comp. hope its possible anyway, no idea how these organisations decide on funding and flights etc.
rep has had a few opportunities to travel overseas but is not really all that interested. I am trying to give everybody the same opportunity equally/fairly. Next year we could have more talented duelers who are better than our current list. Also 5 people are now going too so stay tuned :)
 #1055  by tihkal
 Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:43 am
So, a Sacrifice team now? :) Don't forget Ventz Grrrd!
 #1056  by Grrrdian
 Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:09 am
ventz was never #1, was he?
not saying he wasn't good, my point was, python was #1, then dandaking was #1, then it was python again for a bit till fraze became #1, then rep beat him at the absolute very end etc.

Don't recall ventz ever dominating python, dan, fraze or rep.

anyway, it was just an observation. ventz was a sick player, no doubt.
 #1057  by tihkal
 Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:28 am
True, I didn't realise you were listing #1s specifically. I kinda stopped following the Aus scene so closely around the time Rep got right up there. So pissed, this is the first year I haven't bothered to put in for an annual day on the Friday for QuakeCon because I thought it was going to flop and we're sending 5 over :o But it was becoming difficult in the end anyway staying awake all night for a few hours of games at 3-6am then dealing with the kids the next day haha.
 #1059  by faker_au
 Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:04 am
Question for any of you who've been to QCon before. I'm thinking of going just to spectate. Are the top players typically off in another room playing their matches all the way up until the finals? It makes sense, of course, to get away from all the noise and distractions, but I'm keen to see the Aussies and other big guns carving it up in person. Just curious what to expect.

Cheers
 #1060  by mickzerofive
 Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:59 pm
Question for any of you who've been to QCon before. I'm thinking of going just to spectate. Are the top players typically off in another room playing their matches all the way up until the finals? It makes sense, of course, to get away from all the noise and distractions, but I'm keen to see the Aussies and other big guns carving it up in person. Just curious what to expect.

Cheers
Hey Faker. Jump in discord and have a chat with me http://dicsord.me/qcoce

To answer your questions Yes typically the tournament players are sectioned off to the public. There will be a stage which some of the players will be playing on through-out the tournament. You'd definitely run into somebody going for a drink/break/lunch. The Aussies will be playing in the BYOC on the first day which will be on the Thursday and they won't be sectioned off (bar Astroboy who has already qualified) but he will be liaising with us through-out the event. To go just to watch i'd probably say may be a waste of money depending on what else you will be doing (ie going for America to check out other states or do touristy stuff). Just to go for this event is expensive for probably little return especially if you can't play anything (as you would have walked around the venue and checked everything else out day1). I'd say if you're in Australia and keen we are doing some LAN events early 2018 i'd say