FOUR SEASONS GAMING
AUSTRALIAN & NEW ZEALAND GAMING LEAGUES
 #459  by Gubben
 Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:14 am
For some of you it may be a guilty pleasure, for others its an obhorrent idea, some of you are out and openly love playing ictf or ift....

We are looking at having a dedicated evening during the week to play a couple of hours of insta, either mod, on the PiT server.

Any of you interested and if so what night suits best?

Cheers gubs
 #460  by rav
 Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:12 am
I like the idea. I haven't played enough of anything except CA. Could maybe alternate weeks for ctf and ft?

I can't say what night suits me for sure yet though... as the outdoor football season is ending, the indoor season starts soon so my game/training nights will change. I'm pretty certain Tuesdays/Thursdays would be best for me at this stage.

That said, probably best not to take my availability into account much as it can be really hard for me to play if my housemates are home... fuck any/all of you that voted for the coalition and their awful NBN plan.
 #461  by wch
 Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:24 am
Always down for some Insta CTF!
 #462  by Inkorp
 Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:47 am
Keen for anything insta
 #463  by tjone270
 Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:27 pm
I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO CODE THIS IN FOR YOU GUYS

Will get onto it tomorrow.
 #464  by chv
 Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:22 pm
I like the idea. I haven't played enough of anything except CA. Could maybe alternate weeks for ctf and ft?

I can't say what night suits me for sure yet though... as the outdoor football season is ending, the indoor season starts soon so my game/training nights will change. I'm pretty certain Tuesdays/Thursdays would be best for me at this stage.

That said, probably best not to take my availability into account much as it can be really hard for me to play if my housemates are home... fuck any/all of you that voted for the coalition and their awful NBN plan.
Rav and his life stories.

I'm keen if it is late enough, I can probably make most nights during the week.
 #465  by rav
 Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:53 pm

Rav and his life stories.

Every community needs an annoying over-sharer... may as well be me!
 #466  by cerno
 Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:46 am
down
 #475  by Gubben
 Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:31 am
cool well between those here and a few PiT peeps we should have enough for two 4/5 a side teams, will post shortly which night we'll do this.

(ps Purger no need to change any coding on the server, we'll keep it as is)

cheers gubs
 #478  by Gubben
 Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:03 am
ictf & ift on Wednesday nights it is, 8.30pm - 10.30pm or until the server dies...

Cerno
Rav
chv
ink
wch
Outersquare
dv8
kanonfoda
sifz
gubs
fishy

plus with a few other haxing gatecrashers, we should have enough for two solid teams
Last edited by Gubben on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #479  by fishy
 Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:17 am
Count me in!
 #496  by Gubben
 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:12 pm
Dont forget railers and insta lovers, from 8.30pm till late, tonight on the PiT server
 #497  by Grrrdian
 Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:32 am
be there or beware
 #505  by Gubben
 Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:40 am
Super fun Insta night, went till midnight ish... good turnout, smallest server size at end was still 3v3 but mostly 5v5 all night. Thanks for the great vibe everyone, lets do it again next wed!

wtf screenshot file too large? went up on PiT forum no probs....!
 #511  by Gubben
 Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:33 am
Insta night is being moved from wed to thurs night, same time same place. See you all there again!
 #534  by Gubben
 Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:15 pm
Insta night tonight folks, from 8.30 on the PiT server, till late...
 #536  by Grrrdian
 Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:14 am
Where's the insta server at? Where the f*** is it? Huh? Huh? String? String? Look at me! Where the f*** is dat insta server? HUH!?

-The Wire
and for those of you who haven't seen it:

also, go watch the entire series.
 #538  by Grrrdian
 Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:53 am
some feedback:
gets way too chaotic when it becomes 8v8. some rounds in ift, you spawn and then remain frozen for entire round. if the teams are even slightly uneven, the losing team doesn't even get to play to an extent. just spend all that time frozen.

if we have enough for 8v8, why not make 4 teams, and do a mini comp of sorts? swiss tournament style, where basically the winners will play winners, losers play losers. absolutely no extra effort will be required, since all that will happen is if you lost, you play the team that lost in the other game. that's it. no website, or challonge, or brackets, none of that.

4v4 ictf is heaps fun, and it's actually about the flag rather than it becoming FFA.

last suggestion, though this may be controversial: increase the time required to thaw people. mostly to decrease round lengths tbh. it's boring as hell being frozen, since you can't even spectate team mates. i'd rather round be over and new round start.
 #539  by Grrrdian
 Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:55 am
one more thing:

the rules as they stand are not very balanced in ift. winning teams have a HUGE advantage, since they can position themself wherever they want. that's what happened in overkill - i spent majority of the time at tower. new round starts, and i'd get 1-2 kills straight off the bat, then a couple more when others came to thaw them.

at round end, maybe force everyone to respawn.
 #555  by Gubben
 Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:04 am
some feedback:
gets way too chaotic when it becomes 8v8. some rounds in ift, you spawn and then remain frozen for entire round. if the teams are even slightly uneven, the losing team doesn't even get to play to an extent. just spend all that time frozen.

if we have enough for 8v8, why not make 4 teams, and do a mini comp of sorts? swiss tournament style, where basically the winners will play winners, losers play losers. absolutely no extra effort will be required, since all that will happen is if you lost, you play the team that lost in the other game. that's it. no website, or challonge, or brackets, none of that.

4v4 ictf is heaps fun, and it's actually about the flag rather than it becoming FFA.

last suggestion, though this may be controversial: increase the time required to thaw people. mostly to decrease round lengths tbh. it's boring as hell being frozen, since you can't even spectate team mates. i'd rather round be over and new round start.
i know the number of players can make it too chaotic, it seems to be the problem in general today in ql that there are not enough populated servers so everyone goes to the one server, the VQL and PQL servers have the same problem at times. Its hard to split the players as some will just quit and imbalance the teams or as soon as there is a change of server peeps just disappear... limiting team size is a solution but that leaves peeps in spec for longer than they would like too. But 4v4 mini comps would be good... might need more organisation than most are willing to oblige though...

Thaw time, didnt know that can be adjusted, is that done on the back end (ie purger) or is it an admin user setting? being able to spec while frozen would be much more preferable, its kinda dumb that that isnt default, is there a way to set it? Likewise with spawning at rounds end, can that setting be modified?
 #556  by Inkorp
 Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:02 am
Anyone have the specs on Ufreeze? emulating that wouldn't be bad.
 #562  by Gubben
 Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:06 am
Insta night tonight folks, from 8.30 on the PiT server, till late...
lets do it again!
 #563  by cerno
 Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:39 am
Where's the insta server at? Where the f*** is it? Huh? Huh? String? String? Look at me! Where the f*** is dat insta server? HUH!?

-The Wire
and for those of you who haven't seen it:

also, go watch the entire series.
Been watching this in the last month and a half. Quality television.

Also I would love to play instaCTF but 10:30pm start is just way too late for me on a school night.
 #569  by Dv8
 Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:01 am
Its 8:30 pm EST Start .... :mrgreen:
 #570  by Grrrdian
 Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 am
he's prolly nz'ian