FOUR SEASONS GAMING
AUSTRALIAN & NEW ZEALAND GAMING LEAGUES
 #289  by Inkorp
 Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:54 am
Hi,

I was going to whinge in another thread but figured this could be a place to vent for me and anyone else that wants to, to share the pain.

So you're team's taking it a little tough and can see why and are making suggestions about ways to fix it... so it's now time to practice your Genji wall climbs in spawn, meanwhile their Torb/Bastion's tearing us all new ones at a chokepoint.... neato.

---

Why isn't Comp level capped at 50? Not 25? Why?

I'm sure there'll be more at somepoint...
 #291  by zlr
 Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:40 pm
I found playing tanks to be quite boring. Most of the game requires you to just stand there with a shield up for 90% of the time, *yawn*.
 #292  by Dox
 Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:59 am
I have no words for the plebs. I've just started maining Junkrat and Mei. They seem really versatile to me. Mei does a lot more work than she gets credit for and I find it easier to carry noobs with her simply from crowd control alone. Blocking enemies off, freezing myself as a distraction at choke points etc, just anything that keeps the pressure off my team mates so they can get more shit done. Junkrat can dish out a shit ton of damage, but I also find he has a huge area of effect and can cover his back with his trap/bomb, so he's pretty handy in almost every situation imo.
 #293  by Dox
 Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:07 am
Oh, but yeah I used to just main DPS characters because like zlr, I found tanks boring as fuck. I can make a pretty decent Zen if need be though. But yeah I dunno, I made the switch to those two characters most of the time because it seems every single game if you pair up with randoms is one picks genji, one picks hanzo, one picks ana and all 3 complain no one is doing objective work while they sit there jerking off at the back of the map.

There's no way around it tbh. You need 6 competent people on comms, it's the only way to do it on OW really.
 #294  by Inkorp
 Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:16 am
*Symmetra in a team with an early Lucio or Mercy pick*
"We need DPS!!! Someone go tank!"

*Reaper near enemy spawn*
I need healing!
I need healing!
I need healing!
 #296  by mickzerofive
 Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:15 am
i tried playing competitive once. i was the highest rank in my team (not that rank means much) and the guy on my team was trying to tell me where to put symmetra turrets. Never looked back. The game is not as fun as I had anticipated both casuals, competitive and tournament. I enjoy casting and analysing though :)
 #297  by Dox
 Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:20 am
Is there even an aussie scene for competitive? I haven't really followed it if there is, but everyone told me it was going to be huge, now I just see people hating on the game.
 #302  by Aph
 Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:56 pm
I still just play because roadhog and reinhardt are fun.
Game is fucking hard without 6 people though, every random on the team we end up with happens to be a fucking potato.
 #303  by Dox
 Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:49 am
Potato is an understatement.

How about that level 152 / rank 62 Zenyatta last night. Towards the end of the first half I noticed I had gold healing as Soldier so I asked him if he was even healing anyone because we noticed none of us ever received orbs.

"Zenyatta can heal???"

We all had aneurysms.
 #305  by mickzerofive
 Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:26 am
there are a couple of people running tournaments ESL/Ozfotress guys and Gamestah. But hasn't really taken off as much as you would except from the large player base. Mostly because the casual guys (facebook groups) don't want to play nice
 #306  by Dox
 Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:42 am
Guess we're waiting for QC then. Lots of DB players who left DB for OW are already back playing DB instead, and tbh I find that game twice as fun as OW any way. Might just start maining DB again for now.
 #315  by GyMAr
 Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:26 am
I still find Overwatch fun but I only play comp with at least one other person in my party. I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to though. Lots of teams are disbanding but my hope is that they will reform when the next season of Zowie Gamestah or Heroesleague starts up.
 #316  by mickzerofive
 Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:47 am
I still find Overwatch fun but I only play comp with at least one other person in my party. I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to though. Lots of teams are disbanding but my hope is that they will reform when the next season of Zowie Gamestah or Heroesleague starts up.
i think i saw from 44 teams 20 pulled out of heroes league? it's a hard game to compete in without knowing more about meta/positioning etc. I was going to create some content but it's just too much on my list to do this :( maybe you should look at this Gymar you're pretty knowledgeable ?
 #400  by Inkorp
 Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:26 am
Season 2's started early. I guess the numbers have dropped due to not wanting to play cancer. I forgot how terribad QM is without the hero limit.
 #409  by Inkorp
 Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:34 am
"Draws should be rare"

*Has 3 in placement matches*
 #410  by Aph
 Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:39 am
We've played ~30 games this ranked season and only had 1 draw.

What's everyone getting for rank?
Dox and I are in high 2600-2700's.
 #494  by Inkorp
 Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:28 am
Gotta love when you end up smashing lots of Lucio in Comp and your winrate nosedives from 55% to 41%
 #652  by Inkorp
 Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:25 pm
Competitive Season 3 in a nutshell = Quick Match on release day

Same single-digit win rates on non-standard hero picks (eg. not 2 2 2 or defense on offense or dual turrets)

That'll teach me for solo queuing my placements mostly as support. Oh and let's not forget: I can't tank or I can't support.. practice in QM ffs!
 #653  by mickzerofive
 Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:41 pm
damn bad luck :( i know Renzo was struggling too (with team synergy)
 #655  by Inkorp
 Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:59 am
*Bronze picks Hanzo/Torb*
"Please look at team comp, we need a tank not a Hanzo/Torb"
"STFU"
*Win because other team has more bronze tards + we carry hard*
"See? Hanzo/Torb won us the game!"
FML
 #689  by Inkorp
 Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:12 am
*Last pick to go, one more tank makes us 2/2/2*
*Some lvl 40 nozzle picks a 3rd DPS (Tracer)*
*Joins Team chat*
"Let's fuck these cunts up"
*Loud terrible Aussie hop-hop over open mic the whole game*
*Does terrible as Tracer the whole game and we can't push hard on one tank and no one else switches (I'm already Lucio)
*We lose horribly*

The very next match the 2 man group from the last team and me are on one team and the useless tracer is on the other team who still Tracer's the whole match. They had better picks but we still won by heaps, our team barely noticed the Tracer barring the few times he managed to get a Pulse bomb near us.

All in all Comp 3 is a lot better. Big fan of that 'stay as a team' feature. Best way I find to climb is to get a solid 3 man group together so your SR match ups are OK and you don't have to queue forever just to get rolled by a decent 6 man group. You can also do really well as a team or at least counter some terrible picks.

I went from ~1400 to ~2100 just doing that over the holidays. (Win rate 43-53%)
 #693  by mickzerofive
 Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:54 pm
i've had some pretty good teams so far, a couple not so. I use this strategy to win games